Top Five Friday #6: Worst Book Endings

20:04


Top Five Friday is a meme hosted at Katieemay which lists our top 5 choices based on a bookish theme

*****

Today’s theme is going to be worst book endings. As you probably know, I can’t stand a terrible ending (but can anyone, really?), and this list will only be endings at the end of a series. It will be in no particular order!

1. We all Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

I actually really enjoyed this book (review to come), but the ending was awful. It didn’t give me any closure, and the whole book was building up to the ending, so I expected it to be really good. Sadly, it was really disappointing. I don’t want a sequel, I just want the book to be 5 pages longer. *sigh*





2. Looking for Alaska by John Green

The first part of this book was really good, but the last part was so bad. I found it unnecessarily long, and really boring. It definitely could have been cut out because it made the book so much worse for me.






3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

You know my opinions on this book (if not, my review is here) ... I didn’t like the main part, but I especially didn’t enjoy the ending. I felt it was too dragged-out, and just bored me. It wasn’t important, and just made the book worse for me.





4. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Again, this was just boring. Although the main event that happened in the ending felt necessary, I think that the bit after that was just a bit too long. I would have preferred for the story to be wrapped up a bit quicker.






5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Notice a theme here with the John Green books? This ending was pretty similar to some others mentioned before - it was again too long and made me bored. I understand that it was meant to make people cry, but that just didn’t happen for me. Instead I was just bored, and it took me a long time to finish because of this.




That’s it for this week’s Top Five Friday? Do you agree with my choices? Let me know in the comments! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥