Review: We all Looked Up

16:00

We all Looked Up
By Tommy Wallach

Source: Personal purchase, paperback
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Realism, Romance

Goodreads Synopsis:
Before the asteroid we let ourselves be defined by labels:The athlete, the outcast, the slacker, the overachiever. 
But then we all looked up and everything changed. 
They said it would be here in two months. That gave us two months to leave our labels behind. Two months to become something bigger than what we'd been, something that would last even after the end. 
Two months to really live.


This book was so unexpectedly good! I definitely didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It’s fair to say I liked the first half a lot more than the second, but nevertheless I enjoyed the whole book. It was really inspirational, and gave me something to think about. I know I will still be thinking about it for a long time.


One of the main reasons I enjoyed the first half the most was because there wasn’t as much romance. In the second half, everyone seemed to pair off, and I didn’t like that as much. Also, I didn’t enjoy the romance at all, and on the whole, it felt a bit cringey.


Also, there was much more drama in the second half. There were lots of ‘plot twists’, which made things feel a bit rushed (especially because it’s quite a short book). The thing that I felt was hurried the most was the ending. It wasn’t rounded off well, and I would have much preferred it if the book was just a few pages longer. It didn’t give me closure, and I found myself actually wondering if my copy was missing a page!


Another thing I liked about this book was the writing style. Usually I don’t like multiple POV, but in this I really did. It was really interesting to see everyone’s story intertwine. Also, it was really well written, and there were no plot holes. Tommy Wallach is a really talented writer.

Overall, this is a great book. It really gave me something to take away, and I would definitely recommend it to fans of The Perks of Being a Wallflower or Eleanor and Park (it just kind of reminded me of EaP). Although, I would recommend it to everyone.


My reaction:



My rating:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥