Review: Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2)

17:17

Frostbite
By Richelle Mead

Page count: 327 
Source: E-book
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Vampires, Romance, Fantasy, 

Goodreads Synopsis:

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.

Rose has serious guy trouble. Her gorgeous tutor, Dimitri, has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and she keeps getting stuck in her best friend Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian.

Then a nearby Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir's on high alert, and the Academy whisks its students away on a mandatory holiday ski trip. But the glittering winter landscape and posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety. When three students run away to strike back against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. Only this time, Rose - and her heart - are in more danger than she ever could have imagined...
 


My review:

I was hoping to really enjoy this book, judging by how great Vampire Academy was. Sadly, it was a bit of a disappointment. Everything VA had, Frostbite didn’t. Although it had different themes which I liked, I was left feeling a bit meh.

Rose was still my favourite aspect of the book. She was equally as witty and sarcastic, but in this book she had grown-up. Before, she was very reckless, but in this book she took more responsibility for her actions. She was less selfish, so I enjoyed reading about her much more (mainly because she wasn’t as annoying!).

The whole book was quite predictable, so it felt a lot like it had second book syndrome (did I invent that?). It definitely felt like a filler for the rest of the series because nothing much happened. Because of this, I know I will continue with the rest of the series (even if it is just so I can see what all the hype is about), but I wouldn’t really recommend this book.

Rating:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Even though this book wasn't amazing or anything, I am glad to know it was still enjoyable! I do want to start up the Vampire Academy series at some point, and am looking forward to seeing what you think of book 3!

    I am following you on Bloglovin now as well! You should check out my profile there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Yeah it's not really anything to rave about (compared to the first in the series), but I'm still looking forward to the next in the series (Shadow Kiss) because I've heard it gets a lot better. I've got it coming from the library in a few days, so I'm really excited to read it. I would definitely recommend the series!

      Thanks for the comment and follow. I'll be sure to follow you back :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read and respond to every comment, so make sure to check back to see my reply. Have a nice day! ☺♥